Monday, June 1, 2009

Cool Dad Tip #23

Hey this is Jerry blogging so you may be seeing this before Annette does but it is too good (or bad, depending on your viewpoint) to not get up right away. So for all you Moms out there, here is one way Dads are cooler than you (especially in little boys' eyes)

To setup the scene, Annette is at work, the boys and I are done with dinner (outside by the way, no mess inside (tip #1 for you dads out there). The boys are alternating between jumping on the trampoline and playing basketball.

Zach: "Oh man, I wish I could play basketball on trampoline"

The angel on Dad's Shoulder: "That's not safe!"

The devil on Dad's other shoulder: "Hey, grab a couple of bungee cords to pull the safety net under the basket, adjust the basket hoop height to just above the safety net and the boys think you are the greatest"

What do you think Dad did? (If it isn't obvious)




I may not be allowed to stay home with the boys alone again. Hee! Hee!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I think we may be to blame for Zach's original idea of basketball on the trampoline since we have a backboard attached to one of the posts... But Jerry, your method is not only brilliant, but also cheaper that what we did. Way to go!

Unknown said...

Sometimes mommy's do things that aren't necessarily the most safe, but do whatever it takes to keep the peace.... we just don't tell the daddy's about it :)

Sounds like fun! I wish we had a trampoline

Annette said...

I wondered why Jerry didn't mention that he'd moved the basketball hoop over, but I never dreamed he knew how to blog!