Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Air Force Baby

Most of you know that Jerry and I met in the Air Force while at Scott AFB, IL and that I got out just before Brandon was born and then Jerry got out a little over a year ago. Well, apparently there were more long lasting effects than I thought on Brandon's expectations out of life. Remember he is only 6 and we actually only moved 3 times with him. But here is last night's conversation:

B: "Mom and Dad, we haven't moved to a new house in a little while."
M: "Nope, we're going to be here for a while." (Side note: especially considering how much our house has gone down in value since we bought it.)
B: "But I've gone to this school for 2 years now."
M: "Yeah, cool, huh?"
B: "Dad, do we have enough money to buy a new house?"
D: "Definitely not."
B: "So how long are we going to stay in this house?"
M: "I have no idea. Maybe until you go on a mission."
B: "Whoa."

I'm not sure what to make of this. But it was funny and we love him!

2 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

That is so funny! The long term stability is making him uncomfortable...he must like change.

danette said...

LOL, I can relate... I grew up in an Air Force family and have managed to move around a fair amount since getting married. Anytime we stay in one place for 3-4 years it starts to feel like it's time to move again. We finally bought a house though so we'll be staying put for a while now :).