Sunday, October 12, 2008

I Give Up!!!


Well, I have a new problem with Nate that I've never had with our other boys...what to do with him while I take a shower. You see this is our first 2-story house. When the other boys were Nate's age I would put their breakfast on their high chair tray and push them back on down the hall to the master bedroom where they'd eat while I got ready. Well, obviously I'm not going to lug the high chair upstairs every morning. Nate used to sit in his bouncy seat, then he moved on to the exersaucer. Well, at 11 months old he's outgrown these so he's just been crawling around the bathroom. Not such a problem except that he plants himself against the shower door so I can't open it when I'm done. I had to call Brandon to come rescue me from the shower 3 times last week. So I'd finally had it...I just stripped Nate down and plunked him on the floor of the shower. He played and splashed happily in the corner while I had a much more relaxing shower.

7 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

That is a darling picture of Nate...what a great solution I am very impressed!

Jen said...

What a cutie! He is thinning out.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

We've done that same thing. I call it multitasking.

Laurie said...

I LOVE the picture! Great product placement!

many of my kids have played on my shower floor. I agree with Lars...it is multi-tasking!

Jena said...

Haaaaaaaaahahahahaha
Mom and I just had quite a hearty laugh over that. :D Problem solving for the win!

The Fishers said...

Hey there. I've done the exact same thing. I went a step further and gave my P girl toys to play with and then washed her too at the end. I too love the strategic placement of the shampoo.

wildthayn said...

So cute!!! He is so cute!!! My Nate showers with me too. He always sits in the same corner of the shower with his toys. He slipped once and really bumped his head, so now he's happy to just hang out. Its totally win-win!