Saturday, November 21, 2009

Zach's Thanksgiving Program and Feast

All the Kindergarten classes at Junction put on the cutest Thanksgiving program yesterday. They dressed up as Pilgrims, Indians, or Turkeys and sang some really cute songs. My personal favorite was "I'm a Little Pilgrim...here is my knife and here is my gun. When I go out hunting here me shout, deer and turkey better watch out!" And here I thought we lived in California, the land of political correctness. It was pretty fun to watch all their songs.

After the show, we all headed to the classrooms for a feast. They actually said a blessing. My favorite part of that was, "Thank you ecosystem for growing this food...". They went on to thank their parents for preparing it and their friends for being there. It was a nice day to hang out with my little Indian.


3 comments:

Laurie said...

So Dang CUTE!! I personally find it refreshing that they would sing that song...blahh to the tree huggers.

Herlehy Family said...

Zach looks so CUTE...Kindergarten is the best!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I love that they thanked the ecosystem AND had knives and guns. That's a well balanced program.